Concealed Carry License Instructor Certification
Concealed Carry Instructor Links
- I am at least 21 years old.
- I have a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card.
- I have not been convicted or found guilty of a misdemeanor involving the threat of physical force or violence to any person within the past 5 years.
- I do not have 2 or more violations related to driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drugs, intoxicating compounds within the past 5 years.
- I am not subject to a pending arrest warrant, prosecution or proceeding for an offense or action that could lead to disqualification to own or possess a firearm.
- I have not been in a residential or court-ordered treatment for alcoholism, alcohol detoxification, or drug treatment within the past 5 years.
- You may be eligible if you satisfy the above and no objections are filed by law enforcement. (Section 15)
Instructor applicants seeking to become a certified Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor must:
- submit fingerprints through an Illinois licensed Livescan vendor
- be at least 21 years of age
- a legal resident of the United States
- possess a high school diploma or GED certificate
- possess at least one of the following valid firearms instructor certifications:
- Certification from a law enforcement agency
- Certification from a firearm instructor course offered by a state or federal governmental agency
- Certification from a firearm instructor course offered by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board
- Certification from an entity approved by the Illinois State Police that offers firearm instructor education and training in the use and safety of firearms, such as the National Rifle Association of America (NRA).
Additionally, Instructor applicants residing in Illinois or a similar state must either possess an Illinois concealed carry license
or be in the process of applying for the Illinois concealed carry license. Out-of-state residents, those not consider a similar state of Illinois, must have a concealed carry license within the state they reside.
To file a complaint regarding an approved Illinois Concealed Carry Instructors with the Illinois State Police, please complete the form listed below and return to the Illinois State Police. Complaint forms may be submitted electronically to Academy_Conceal_Carry@isp.state.il.us
, or may be mailed to the following address:
Illinois State Police
801 South 7th Street, Suite 400-M
Springfield, Illinois 62703-2487
All complaint forms must be notarized. We will not accept third party complaints.
CCI Complaint Form