The FOID Act (430 ILCS 65/9.5) requires within 48 hours of receiving notification of the revocation or suspension of your FOID Card, that you:
- Surrender your Firearm Owner’s Identification Card to the local law enforcement agency where you reside;
- Transfer all firearms in your possession or control; and
- Complete a Firearm Disposition Record, which can be found at
Instructions are included on the form; failure to comply with this statute constitutes a Class A misdemeanor.
- If your FOID Card was revoked because you no longer reside in Illinois, please destroy your FOID card and ensure you are in compliance with the laws of the state in which you reside.
- If you are the sponsor of a minor(s) who has a FOID card, the minor’s FOID card has also been revoked and must be immediately surrendered; please have the minor complete a Firearm Disposition Record as well.