Firearm Owners Identification (FOID)
To legally possess firearms or ammunition, Illinois residents must have a Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card, which is issued by the Illinois State Police to any qualified applicant.
- I have not been convicted of any Felony under the laws of this or any other jurisdiction.
- I have not been adjudicated as a mental defective.
- I have not been a patient in a mental institution or any part of a medical facility for the treatment of mental illness within the past 5 years.
- I am not intellectually disabled or developmentally disabled.
- I have not within the past year (preceding the date of this application) used or been addicted to any controlled substance or narcotics in violation of state or federal law.
- I am not subject of an existing Order of Protection or a No Contact/No Stalking Order.
- I have not within the past 5 years been convicted of battery, assault, aggravated assault, violation of an order of protection, or a substantially similar offense in which a firearm was used or possessed.
- I have not been convicted of domestic battery (felony or misdemeanor), aggravated domestic battery or a substantially similar offense.
- I have not been adjudicated by a court as a mental defective or ordered by a court, board or authorized entity to in-patient or out-patient mental health treatment.
- I am not an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States.
- I have not within the past year failed a drug test for a drug for which I did not have a prescription.
- I have not been admitted to the United States under a non-immigrant visa of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- I have never renounced my citizenship as a citizen of the United States.
- I have never been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
- I am not a fugitive from justice.
- A Valid Driver’s License or State Identification card.
- A head and shoulder electronic photograph taken within the last 30 days.
- $10.00 payable with a credit card or electronic check.